GravityFit Pty Ltd ACN 130 293 793 (“we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy sets out how we use your personal information and provides information regarding the collection, use, disclosure, security and access to your personal information
The type of information which we collect about you will depend on how you use the facilities offered by us and which products or services you use. We will only collect personal information from you that is necessary for us to meet or fulfil our activities and functions or for business development and direct marketing purposes.
The type of information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- information provided by you on the Customer registration form;
- information you may provide from time to time through contact with the GravityFit administration office, or that you provide on the GravityFit website at www.gravityfit.com; and
Visiting our Website at www.gravityfit.com
If you visit our website to browse or download information, the web server will record information about you. We will only use this information for statistical and website development purposes. The information collected may include your IP address, the URL you came from and the URL you next go to, the date and time of your visit to our site, and the pages accessed or documents downloaded.
When you e-mail us, we will record your e-mail address. We will only use your e-mail address for the purpose of providing our services or for business development and direct marketing purposes. It will not be added to a mailing list unless you have specifically requested this, and we will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose. We will not disclose your email address without your consent.
Use and disclosure of information
To administer the GravityFit website and to provide you with relevant information in relation to GravityFit products and services, we may disclose your information to specialist service providers such as, but not limited to:
- data analysis specialists;
- statement producers;
- data mail houses;
- data processing organisations; and
- specialist call centres.
Where such disclosures are made, those companies will be required to protect your personal information as diligently as we do through confidentiality agreements and other contractual obligations.
In addition to this, we may also use your information in the following ways:
- to keep you informed about special promotions, events, product launches and other special offers and discounts through various communication channels unless otherwise advised; and
- for planning, research, marketing and product and service development where, for example, aggregated (or de-identified) data may be shared with approved business partners from time to time for analysis and research purposes and in the development of products and services and promotional offers.
For the prevention and detection of fraudulent activity, your information may also be shared with law enforcement bodies and as and if required or authorised by law.
We use personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose. We shall not use, sell or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than as set out in this policy without your prior consent.
Safeguarding your information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, misuse, modification and disclosure while stored or transmitted by us.
You should note, however, “perfect security” does not exist on the internet and there are risks associated with the transmission of information over the internet. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of any information that you transmit to us over the internet and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is secure on our systems.
Access or updating your personal information
You may access and update your personal information at any time in the following ways:
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us except to the extent that:
- providing access would pose a serious or imminent threat to the life or health of any individual or unreasonably impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and you and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
- the access would prejudice negotiations between us and you;
- providing access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law.
If you have a complaint regarding the way in which your personal information is being handled by us, please contact us in the first instance. If we are unable to reach a satisfactory solution through negotiation, you can request an independent person to investigate the complaint such as the Privacy Commissioner.
If you have any questions or require feedback about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time we may update our privacy notice. All changes will be announced on our website and we will provide at least 30 days notice of any such changes. If you are concerned about how your information is used you should check our website periodically or contact us to discuss any changes.